Please explain this Metric thread size

And you can divide the countries of the world into two groups: Those that use the metric system, and those that have been to the moon ;-)

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

... Except NASA is on the metric system. They have been since they crashed a probe on Mars because someone was confused.

Reply to
gfretwell

That works if all your tools are the same brand - not all companies make the differentiation in the same way - if at all.

Another solution is red or blue or black chrome for one or the other - again only if allyour metric or SAE tools are the same.

Reply to
clare

Russia uses the imperial measurement system??? Russian measuring system of length is metric (centimeters, meters and kilometers), so they do not use inches or feet in Russia. They use grams and kilograms as the measuring system of weight, and Russians are not familiar with ounces or pounds. Liquids are measured in liters, rather than gallons, though strangely enough alcoholic drinks are measured in grams. Do not forget about this when you buy gasoline in Russia, as it is also measured in liters (there are about 4 liters in a gallon). Unlike in Fahrenheit-oriented countries, temperature in Russia is measured in Celsius, or Centigrade (which is a former name for Celsius). Or order to convert Fahrenheit into Celcius, use the following formula: Celsius Temperature = (5:9) x (Fahrenheit Temperature-32).

So, I'd have to say your "daffynition" is "daffy"

Reply to
clare

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

be.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

was a most interesting project. The engine block was part of the frame. The diameter of the threaded part of the spark plugs was the largest I've ever seen. I could remove a spark plug and stick my finger through the hole in the cylinder head. The block had sleeves that we replaced and the darn pistons had 4 rings. I've never seen something like that then or since then. It was a fun job to remove the engine from the tractor, rebuild and reinstall it. I just remembered, we took the generator off and installed a Chrysler alternator thus converting the tractor to 12 volts. ^_^

Have you noticed my new kindness?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Perhaps he should have said "came home from the moon" because if a russian ever got there, he is still there.

Reply to
gfretwell

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

gray tractor and would do just about anything you asked the old critter to do. The utter(pun intended) simplicity of the tractor made it easy to main tain. It had an updraft carburetor and would run on anything that was as vo latile as gasoline. I think the moonshiner down the valley had one that he ran on his homemade fuel. We rebuilt the old tractor's engine back in 1970 and it

The diameter of the threaded part of the spark plugs was the largest I've ever seen. I could remove a spark plug and stick my finger through the hole in the cylinder head. The block had sleeves that we replaced and the darn pistons had 4 rings. I've never seen something like that then or since then . It was a fun job to remove the engine from the tractor, rebuild and reins tall it.

lternator thus converting the tractor to 12 volts. ^_^

Nutz?

Reply to
Tekkie®

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

[,,,]

Russia has been to the moon?????

Reply to
Doug Miller

Only three countries have ever soft-landed on the moon, the United States, the U.S.S.R. and now China. Of those 3, only the USA has landed a live human on the moon. So it depends on your definition of "been to the moon"

Reply to
clare

That is why I said "been back from the moon. Everything the russians ever sent to the moon is still there.

Reply to
gfretwell