Plastic windshield cleaner (golf cart)

My golf cart plastic windshield has fog like streaks on both sides, in different areas. I used Novus plastic clean and shine, and vinegar and water; neither helped. I never used Windex or a similar product with or without alcohol. Any products/ideas come to mind???
On 11/19/2010 3:55 PM, shellyf_DELETE snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Windex should be safe. Just test a small area. But, it may need a buffing up if "fog" is erosion. I would look to auto supply area store or like for something used for acrylic automobile lenses.
I used to buff up a plastic watch lens with tooth paste. Abrasive is mild and fine enough not to scratch plastic.
shellyf_DELETE snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in

Brasso metal polish. Works wonders on all sorts of clear plastics, from watch cyrystals to instrument panel covers to whatever. The more you scrub, the better it works.
--
Tegger

On 11/19/2010 3:55 PM, shellyf_DELETE snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Novus clean and shine only does that, it does not polish. Try a plastic polish, Novus or other brand.
On Nov 19, 3:55pm, shellyf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

A picture is worth a thousand words here...
You could have damaged the coating on the plastic during your "cleaning" attempts...
It could be something that can be buffed out with the right compound or it could be something that has chemically reacted with the coating and is now permanent...
~~ Evan
On Nov 19, 2:55pm, shellyf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Pick up some convertible plastic rear window cleaner at any autobody supply store.
Joe

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:55:50 -0500, shellyf_DELETE snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Motorcyclists with their plastic (lexan) windscreens will tell you to use Lemon Pledge. Pledge will also fill in minor imperfections; it may help with your streaks.
Paper towels should not be used. Instead, use cotton rags which will not abrade the plastic. I use old T shirts.
Avoid glass cleaners. Some types will damage plastic.
Motorcycle shops have various formulations available for windscreens; however, they are expensive.
I have been using Pledge for years on my bikes.
Gary
On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:14:38 -0800, G Mulcaster