plastic weld or glue

I broke my mower hood in 3 pieces. Ya really don't want to ever have to price a new one!!!
What kind of stuff can I find that will enable to to "weld" or glue the pieces together?

Assuming it is something resin wouldn't melt, I'd fiberglass it. The skills aren't that hard to pick up, and it makes a very strong repair.
rb wrote:

What's the material. Please don't just say plastic.
Plastic is all I know. It's something that shatters in big pieces once dropped. Most lawn mower hoods are made of it.
rb wrote:

Look at it very carefully and you may find a recycling code. It will probably be a "7" which isn't helpful but you may luck out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_identification_code has a list of the codes and corresponding materials.
--John

In that case, adhesive is best.
There are thousands of plastics and hundreds of ways of putting them together. Then there are plastics that no adhesive will stick to. Some can be heat welded, some can be solvent welded. some are just tossed in the trash can. Try duct tape.

Hey! That's my line!!!

Nice drivin'.

Non-essential part, throw it in the recycle bin and keep mowin'. -----
- gpsman

There was some helpful (to me) info on this earlier thread ... 'How to identify type of plastic, then repair',
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread / bef3e1e05befa5a1/dba9062cce8bfb3b?hl=en&lnk=st&q=I+sell+various+forms +of+plastic+on+ebay+including+delrin+and+nylon#dba9062cce8bfb3b
(Link broken to multiple lines, to fit posting rules. You might do better just googling the subject line.)
Posters there suggest several glue ideas. Myself, I've never had any luck with glue, but that may be a personal issue.
And, though I suspect this won't apply to your case, I have successfully 'welded' HDPE plastic car parts, using a soldering iron. If you do try heat, use plenty of ventilation.
George