plastic shelf-support male-part broke, wedged down in hole. How remove?

Fancy expensive kitchen cabinet; shelves supported by cheap plastic support. Broke, shelf & contents fell to floor, etc.
In removing the plastic part still there, piece broke again, this time it was the male part that's inserted in drilled hole in the wood (this tiny plastic male part supports entire weight) that broke, halfway into the hole.
Thus the remaining broken tip-end half is still there, wedged into the hole.
Gotta get it out of there, so we can insert a new but identical plastic support's male-part into the hole.
I volunteer to measure hole and plastic male part with dial caliper and get proper bit and drill new hole an inch away.
Answer: NO!, you'll make it ugly.
So, how to get that plastic piece out of the hole?
Thanks!
David
On 12/22/2012 9:32 PM, David Combs wrote:

drill a small hole in it and insert a screw

+1.
An EZ-out isn't needed because the part isn't threaded.

That would be my choice. No reason to make a second hole, either use the screw or just drill out the support. I'd replace it with either better plastic or get metal supports.
mike wrote:

And after you get it out use metal supports, not plastic.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 23 Dec 2012 00:32:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

Small drill bit, then small EZ-out. You may be able to just drill, then use a thin screw to get a bite on the plastic, like a drywall screw. Or if you stop the drill, wait a minute or two, the melted plastic might stick to the drill bit and you can pull it out. But if the plastic is broken at a sharp angle, it will take some skill and patience to get the drill bit started. A small drill bit is the starting point. 1/8" or less probably.
On 23 Dec 2012 00:32:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote:

Hold a screw with your pliers- Heat it up until you can push it into the plastic-- let things cool down- pull out. [buy metal supports]
Jim
Your male-part is broke, and wedged down in a hole.
That's about the goofiest thing I ever heard.....
And you want to remove it???? Why? Just enjoy it while it's in the hole!!!
Drill another hole next to it...and be done with it! Then, if you need to drill larger for a metal support...

LOTS OF GOOD IDEAS!
Thanks!
David