plastic rust

Got a plastic tool box and some inside parts of it that are all rust covered (lots of rust).

Any simple stuff around I can clean it up with? I might use elbow grease and cleansing power, but just wondered if anything simpler is around.

Reply to
rb

Lime Away or CLR are a few brands of rust removers. Or some other acid such as sulfuric if you can get it and use it safely. Maybe just plain vinegar will work. I'd try that first, and work it in with a little steel wool.

Reply to
alvinamorey

Plastic does not rust. But, if rust from rusted tools, rust removers as suggested will work.

Reply to
Frank

"Iron Out", or equivalent. No scrubbing necessary. Should be able to find it at the grocery store, hardware store, Wal-Mart, etc.. Works great.

Slater

Reply to
SL8_78