Plastic lattice install question

I have plastic lattice (4x8) sheets attached to the underside of my deck. Each sheet is attached to 1"x2" stirps of wood that go around the lattice. This provides a frame for the lattice in order to secure it to the deck. My problem is that each springtime, I've noticed that the lattice has cracked near the wooden frame in a couple of areas. I think this is due to the expansiona and contraction of the lattice is different than the wood framing.
Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
Robin

We've never had that problem. Could be the difference in weather or maybe because ours is installed with exterior wood screws through holes that are larger than the screw giving the material room to move. We use washers to keep the screws in place and the screws are not tightened all that tight. Just enough to keep the lattice in place. We only use 5 screws across an 8 foot section.

EXACTLY right...It has to move just like vinyl siding..If it can't it will buckle and crack...