Plastic electrical boxes.

"Steve Barker" wrote in news:mfOdnY8FfKRuP8rUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

snipped-for-privacy@o4g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

Aaron has obviously seen a lot of how crafty people unplug things from a distance...grab cord so there's no slack to wall, hand forward and snap back hard. Occasional damage to humans, property & pets from hard rubber plug end whipping through room at mach 1.

Reply to
Red Green

You can use washers on the screws to space the devices out and still have them tight. We used to save the washers broken off the ears for this. I saw some folding plastic spacers for this at Loews recently.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Not that it is likely to make a real difference, but IIRC code requires a box extender, to eliminate the minuscule chance that a device in the box could throw sparks into the crack and touch off flammable material. Modern box extenders work rather well- I had to use about 4-5 of them here cleaning up work the previous owner fubar'd. Outlets look a lot better flush and square with the wall, etc. And switches work a lot better when the lever sticks all the way through the slot.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Plastic boxes are very easy to work, available in numerous sizes, available in more stores, and low cost. Metal boxes are great for surface mount.

Reply to
Phisherman