Plantation Shutters

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding quality yet reasonably priced shutters? I have two large windows (69"x76") plus a French door that I want covered and I want it all stained to match my kitchen cabinets. What should I look for and what price range is resonable for a well-made product? (No "poly-wood" or plastic)

Reply to
Gnat

Does anyone have any suggestions on finding quality yet reasonably priced shutters? I have two large windows (69"x76") plus a French door that I want covered and I want it all stained to match my kitchen cabinets. What should I look for and what price range is resonable for a well-made product? (No "poly-wood" or plastic)

Reply to
Gnat

Lafayette Shutters, Lafayette IN. makes a high quality product and will custom match stain. These are only sold through dealers and designers. I'm not sure how large of an area they service. A few hundred mile radius I would guess. You might find a dealer link on their website.

I install them. I don't sell them. You are most likely looking at a framed shutter for the door. Quality basswood shutters are not cheap. If you plan to install them yourself insist that whatever product you buy is made with what is called "a behind the panel adjustable hanging strip". It is virtually impossible to install a pre-finished shutter properly unless it is made this way. Windows can be a much as 3/8" out of square and you can still do a quality install. The framed shutter must use butt hinges but you square it by shifting the frame.

Another almost as good method if your windows are very close to square utilizes what is called a "reverse bent adjustable" shutter hinge. Note the limitations and the almost.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt