Plans/ideas for a porch railing

We're building a railing on an existing covered porch with a concrete floor. I have browsed google but have not seen any decent sites that can give us some good ideas. Anybody have any fav sites they're willing to share?
"Mike and Kathy" wrote in message

No favorite sites, but use your imagination. Here is a link to a couple railings I did, you may not like em but gives you an idea. The one isn't on concrete as you will notice, but different having one wall mostly screened, the other 2 walls are solid insert between the posts 34" up. I've got some pics of sunbursts somewhere, but can't find them. http://www.geocities.com/associatedconstruction2004/miscrailings.html

Nice pictures, but I don't understand why people install railings on ground-level decks.
"HA HA Budys Here" <wrote in message

I used to do a lot of work through a rehabilitation facility. Some were group homes, others were individual owner/occupied. Regulations require railing or grab bar on any stairs or platform above 7" if State/Federal funding is involved. All I know is the rehab center required certain upgrades in homes b/4 people were allowed an independent living environment.

I went for pure functionality. Any substantial railing would have ruined the really good view, but we had children on that porch. I put up 2" mesh chicken wire 36" high, it stops the kids and their balls but we can see right through it as if it wasn't there.
--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/