Plans for Dog Run

Does anyone have ideas on how to build a dog run, what materials are needed etc. Have a Black Lab/Blue Heeler Cross so would probably be a fairly large run as she is a big dog. She is in the house most of the time but would like to be able to leave her outside while at work during the week. Not sure kind of mischief her and the cat could get into while away.

Thanks Donna

Reply to
DoDa

"DoDa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

We got a reputable fence company to install a 6 foot chain link fence. You don't want a flimsy fence and your dog to get out. If she likes to dig, then you also may want to make sure the bottom of the fence is blocked in some way, such as timbers laid along the perimeter of the fence. We put a padlock on the gate to keep it from being accidentally opened while we're away. I'm sure you know this, but be sure to leave her plenty of water and a good shelter.

Reply to
Lisa BB.

I think you should ask on alt.pets.dogs and rec.pets.dogs.* .

Here you should primarily expect to find out how to build one

Reply to
mm

Hi, I have a 5 feet high chain link fence enclosure 25 x 40 feet half gravel, half concrete floor. At one corner under the shade of tree, his house. 50 pound, Australian cattle dog. Barks during day from now and then but quiet in the evening, early morning. Once a week we go to leash free dog park so he can enjoy himself running/socializing with other dog friends. We human owners do the same(not running tho). A couple got married after they met each other there.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I put up a chain link fence along the side of my garage 8' x 24 ' with a gate. I also put a doggie door thru the garage and built a pen inside the garage. For the floor of the pen since my dog likes to dig, i put down chain link fence on the ground and put a layer of dirt over it and then covered that with pea gravel.

Good Luck

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

Most likely barking all day. Hope you have considered the impact of your dog on your neighbors since you won't be there to hear the barking.

Reply to
George

Yeah. I had neighbors who used to leave their barking dog out all day. I work from home as a writer, and need a reasonable amount of quiet.

After two complaints to animal control from me, and two warnings from animal control to the neighbor, the third complaint resulted in seizure of the animal and a $500 nuisance fine in order for the dog to be returned. Needless to say, the dog is now an indoor dog.

Some people just don't learn until it hits them in the pocketbook.

Reply to
Abe