planking width- hardwood floor

Folks, We are planning a prefinished hardwood floor for our mountain cabin. I like the broader (4-5") planks but don't know the tradeoffs on hardwood widths. Does anyone have pros/cons that they'd care to share?
thanks, skg
windriverfamily wrote:

For one thing, the wider they are the harder they are to force into alignment with the adjacent plank. In an ideal world, all planks would be straight and that wouldn't be necessary. It is not an ideal world.
I would guess that wider planks bring higher prices too.

The wider the plank the greater the tendency for cupping.