planes

Now I can see what plane is coming in over the house. I often see landing lights many miles out.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

gregz wrote in news:1517491379370319102.994539zekor- snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Handy if you live in Norway.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Nice to see it on the big screen of my monitor.

I have an app on my phone with that information.

I can sit out on the back deck and see many planes going to and from Europe and the Orient as there is a radio beacon in our town for the flight path.

At work 24 miles away, we eat lunch at my conference room table and can see them out the window. Mostly incoming from Europe around noon.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Or anywhere else in the world if you drag the map.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No mouse on your computer? Just grab and drag the map.

Reply to
George

George wrote in news:k3urel$k88$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Drag it down the street.

Reply to
frag

Thanks for the link! I think I can waste entire days just watching the planes move on the screen :) . I find private planes to be most fascinating to watch - they move slowly and not that easy to lose track of.

Reply to
DA

move on the screen :) . I find private planes to be most fascinating to watch - they move slowly and not that easy to lose track of.

When I went to US, it was scary. Looks like if you shot an arrow into the air you'd hit a plane.

Reply to
Frank

Frank wrote in news:k3vc9b$5kp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Right! The state lines are covered up. I kept getting Canadian planes. It was very quiet over my house when all the planes were grounded after 911.

Reply to
Marina

il.me:

Yeah, it was eirie how quiet everything became. We are 25 miles from both O'Hare and Midway in Chicago and there is almost always some noise in the air. But that afternoon after all flights were grounded, it was like we were in another world.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Here in the U.S., FlightAware.com has the same type of tracking information, linked to the flight number(s) you are interested in.

And yes, the air traffic around major cities like New York is real dense.

Reply to
Steven L.

If it were a UFO, does it show a little saucer ? In other words, what does a transponder less craft show, nothing ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

It was a bit weird even here in Nebraska. The planes are at altitude when they fly over but I missed the reflections of the planes and contrails in the evenings. I don't remember if the ag spray planes were grounded also. They don't fly much that time of year anyhow.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Seems that GA traffic on a flight plan shows up, but probably not otherwise. I didn't see anything in the FAQs about alien craft.

Reply to
Smitty Two