Plan3D home/kitchen/bath design software

I have been searching for software that I can use to design kitchens and baths for a few different properties that I own. I have posted this question here and elsewhere in the past under a different user name. The problem that I have been having is that the software that I did end up buying before is just plain too hard to use (in my opinion).
I found something online called Plan3D, and I bought it a few days ago. So far, I like it and I am learning to use it. I am finding it much easier to use than everything else that I have seen.
When I went to the Plan3D website to read about it, it seemed like the only option was to go ahead and buy it, and I ended up doing that. Their website says that it costs $15.95 to buy it and use it for one month, or $35.40 for unlimited use of the software for one year. I took a chance and did the one-year option.
After I signed up, I realized that there is a way to try out the software for free. The free version allows you to do everything that the paid version does, but you can't save your work. So, in case anyone wants to try it out and play with the software for free, here is a link to do that:
http://www.plan3d.com/plan3d.msi
You download and install the software, and then instead of logging in as a registered user, you just log in as a guest. Just remember that you cannot save any of your work.
One drawback that I do not like about the Plan3D software (as a paid user) is that there does not appear to be any user group or forum where users of the software can post questions and help each other in figuring out and using the software. That's unfortunate, and I hope that at some point to company that created the software will set something like that up. I think that would be a huge improvement.
Since there is no Plan3D user group that I could find, I decided to set up a Plan3D Yahoo Group at:
So, if anyone out there happens to be using the Plan3D software and wants to join the Plan3D Yahoo Group, please feel free to do so.
NOTE: I don't work for the company and I don't get anything out of this whether people buy or use the software or not. I'm just passing on this information.
Also, if anyone knows of other kitchen and bath design software that they would recommend or suggest, please post that here.

20 20 is pretty much the kitchen industry standard. http://www.2020technologies.com/home.aspx
I used something, don't remember what, and don't care to, when I was planning major work on this hovel. I recreated the house as it exists first, took me about a month, then discovered I couldn't add anything above the third floor.
The major planned portion was to finish the spacious attic and add a dormer and deck off the roof.
If you're going above 3 floors, check the capabilities of the app first. -----
- gpsman
gpsman wrote:

Interesting. Looks like it could be very easy to use, but expensive.
Everything is in millimeters instead of inches (I am in the U.S.). Is there a way to switch that option to inches?
Also, I guess it only does one room at a time, and I don't see a way to draw more walls than just the ones on the sample room shapes. I don't see where there is an option to add or delete walls.
For example, I have a house with a living room, dining room, and kitchen lined up in a row. In the far right corner of the kitchen, there is a former cupboard that I will be making into a powder room. I am thinking about taking out the wall between the dining room and the kitchen so the kitchen will open up into the dining room area. And, I want to be able to view what that will look like from the living room and dining room area. There must be a way to do that with the 20 20 software, but I don't see how yet.

The company I worked for not as a designer paid, IIRC, $1500/yr/per license (5-6) for support, but the app itself was free.
But it seems like I remember it was $2500 for the first single license. I played with it for about 5 minutes once, I was busy elsewhere.

Oh, I'd bet there is. -----
- gpsman
It does seem to be very easy to use, and I would bet that it has all of the features that I would want or need.
The funny thing is that I thought it was expensive when it said the cost was $394, but I just went back and realized that the cost is $394 PER MONTH, with a total of 13 monthly payments. Oops.
gpsman wrote:

RonABC wrote:

Google Sketchup sketchup.google.com/
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
evodawg wrote:

Thanks. I downloaded it, but I can't figure out where or how to begin in terms of designing a kitchen layout.

The free version of Sketchup is severely crippled. A simpler (and better) alternative is SweetHome 3D:
http://www.sweethome3d.eu /
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d /
Be sure to also download and install the premade 3D models for this software.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid wrote:

the most. I can't use sketchup because it doesn't support linux. But heard good things about it.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

This is how and why architects and their associates earn their keep.
If you are good at Photoshop, you could work around some of this. But if it's not your forte, why not contact a local community college and see if you can find a professor there teaching a class in this kind of concept who'd take on your project, gratis?