PL Polyurethane Caulking Sealant and Adhesive Question?

I was told that 100% silicone doesn't adhear to vinyl that great. So it was recommended to use something like PL -polyurethane(sp?) Sealant for vinyl windows instead of that or regular caulking. Is this true? Thanks, Gary

Yes, I used such caulking from vinyl siding to a plastic outlet box cover seven years ago and it worked fine. Regards, George
Thanks to the both of you that replied. I guess I will use it. Thanks!! Gary
snipped-for-privacy@vcn.bc.ca wrote in message

I prefer polyurethane to silicone in most applications but it can be more difficult to get an aesthetically pleasing seal. I usually mask the sides of the seal bead and then remove the masking as the polyurethane begins to polymerize, about 20 to 40 minutes with typical humidity conditions.
RB