PL Polyurethane Caulking Sealant and Adhesive Question?

I was told that 100% silicone doesn't adhear to vinyl that great. So it was recommended to use something like PL -polyurethane(sp?) Sealant for vinyl windows instead of that or regular caulking. Is this true? Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary

Yes, I used such caulking from vinyl siding to a plastic outlet box cover seven years ago and it worked fine. Regards, George

Reply to
gam

I prefer polyurethane to silicone in most applications but it can be more difficult to get an aesthetically pleasing seal. I usually mask the sides of the seal bead and then remove the masking as the polyurethane begins to polymerize, about 20 to 40 minutes with typical humidity conditions.

RB

Gary wrote:

Reply to
RB

Thanks to the both of you that replied. I guess I will use it. Thanks!! Gary

Reply to
Gary