PL and PL400 glue are the same

I am looking for some adhesives to glue laminates to the stair. A while back someone on the net mentioned PL400. I can only find PL at Home Depot and Lowes. I was wondering if they are essentially same for my purpose?

Reply to
Some Poster

No, it is not. PL 400 is a superior adhesive that is permanent and waterproof, not to mention self shimming. The self shimming means that if there are voids, the PL 400 will harden and fill the gap, making a shimmed void so to speak. Here is the website explaining the different types:

You can get whatever you want at most real lumber yards.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Reply to
Some Poster