pitfalls in replacing old toilet?

Awful hard to return it if you do that....

Reply to
aemeijers

Murphy? Is that you?

Reply to
aemeijers

yep, I had thought of both of those points this morning. But lo and behold the whole box fit right into the back seat (Buick Century). Very good luck there.

So, the job is done and it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. The hardest part was getting the old hardware out (4 on floor & 3 in tank). Even having the hole open wasn't so bad - especially with all nearby windows and doors open.

I am wondering this: the old style float control would allow for fast filling and then would shut off forcefully at the end with a big shockwave BAM! going through the whole system. It was made by one of the well-known manufacturers, so I debated whether that was acceptable or not. It had been like that for years, maybe the accumulation was what caused the eventual break.

I guess I should have learned by now not to trust that corporations will make things that are right.

Reply to
Tom

Your water pressure is too high.

Reply to