pipe heating tape causes fire

Tape wrapped around water line cause of New Milford fire News-Times Staff Article Last Updated: 03/04/2008 06:21:59 AM EST
An electrical fire that destroyed a 1749 home on Warner Point off Candlewood Lake Road South last week was started by heating tape that was wrapped around a water line in an area near the utility room, Fire Marshal Karen Alward said Monday.
The historic one-bedroom lake bungalow owned by Robert Porter was vacant when the fire erupted, gutting much of the interior, Alward said. She said it was not known if any of the house could be salvaged and rebuilt.
Meanwhile, the investigation into a fire in a vacant home owned by David Keal and Margaret Shea last month on Merry Acres in the remote Merryall section has not revealed an official cause, Alward said. The blaze left only a portion of a chimney standing.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.