pink resudue in ultrasonic humidifier; with ro

I'm using RO water in an ultrasonic humidifier to rid the vapor of that whi te mineral dust, and it works well. However, while cleaning the humidifier I found a pink residue inside. The net says that this is bacterial in nat ure but I thought I'd check with you guys and assure myself that it isn't s omething the RO system is leaking into the water.
This is the system: http://www.uswatersystems.com/systems/reverse-osmosis/economy-reverse-osmos is-systems/galaxy-5-stage-reverse-osmosis-system-apro-5050.html
This is the article: http://www.wrintl.com/faqs.asp#Can_pink_water_stains_be_caused_by_micro-org anisms
Thanks.
If it were from the RO system the water would be pink before putting into the humidifier, so my bet is on a bio-slime caused by air-borne bacteria. The solution is to periodically clean the reservoir with a bleach solution.
On Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:52:22 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

hite mineral dust, and it works well. However, while cleaning the humidifi er I found a pink residue inside. The net says that this is bacterial in n ature but I thought I'd check with you guys and assure myself that it isn't something the RO system is leaking into the water.

osis-systems/galaxy-5-stage-reverse-osmosis-system-apro-5050.html

rganisms

If it was from the RO system the water would be pink before putting into th e humidifier, so my bet is on a bio-slime caused by air-borne bacteria. The solution is to periodically clean the reservoir with a bleach solution.

I get pink areas in bathtub and kitchen sink sprayer. I have not seen this before living in this house. I don't think my water has much chlorine in it here.
Greg