Pinhole Size Leak in Water Pipe; Moldable Putty products That Work, etc. ?

Page 2 of 2
On 7/7/2016 2:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The age comment is questionable, but the potential for a leak with a glue patch is spot on. I'd either solder or cut it out and use a Sharkbite.

If a ladder is needed to solder a fitting, it will probably also be needed to cut the pipe and install the sharkbite. If the ladder is the issue, it's best he hire a plumber, or get a friend to do the work. It's not that hard of a job, so any able person can do it.
On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 10:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

In a normal height basement, an average guy can usually solder a fitting from the floor, or one step up on a step ladder. Or stand on a solid chair. With those "pre-soldered" fittings, it really only takes one hand to do the soldering. If getting on a ladder or chair is too tough for the OP, he could get a friend, neighbor or relative to do the actual "ladder work". That person might learn a valuable lesson too.
Personally, I'd use a ladder over a chair, because there is something to hold in to.