Pinhole Size Leak in Water Pipe; Moldable Putty products That Work, etc. ?

Good for you. Ignore PaintMan's stupid comment.

My dad is 86. He is not in a wheelchair, but he sure wouldn't consider climbing on a ladder (or even under a sink) to cut out a bad section of copper pipe and sweat in new section.

Playing with fire in a confined space is not a safe activity for anyone, of any age, with limited mobility.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If a ladder is needed to solder a fitting, it will probably also be needed to cut the pipe and install the sharkbite. If the ladder is the issue, it's best he hire a plumber, or get a friend to do the work. It's not that hard of a job, so any able person can do it.

Reply to
Paintedcow

The age comment is questionable, but the potential for a leak with a glue patch is spot on. I'd either solder or cut it out and use a Sharkbite.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski