Pinhole leaks in copper pipes

Page 2 of 2

wrote in

Funny thing....that's what my buddy told me today up in Foxboro.....take care crabman....Ross

I had this problem in a restaurant that I managing many years ago. The pipe probably wasn't more than 15 years old. The plumber who did the replacement pipe asked if I was using the pipe as a ground and seemed to think that that could cause the problem. I wonder if you have a separate ground cable for the house or if they used the water line?
Peter HE
Check your code. I think both are required: driven rod into the earth + attachment to cold water pipe.

The insides of my hot water L copper pipes are coated with a sort of crusty deposit...too thick to be easily removed. This sort of deposit would probably interfere with adhesion of an intended coating. My piping is 14 years old. No leaks here.
. We found a company that claims it