Pinhole leaks in copper pipes

Check your code. I think both are required: driven rod into the earth + attachment to cold water pipe. "Peter H" wrote

Reply to
John B

Take a water sample for analysis of pH. Swimming pool service companies can do this. Consult your water utility's water quality report. They should have tons of analysis for you.

Reply to
John B

The insides of my hot water L copper pipes are coated with a sort of crusty deposit...too thick to be easily removed. This sort of deposit would probably interfere with adhesion of an intended coating. My piping is 14 years old. No leaks here. "Henry H. Hansteen" wrote . We found a company that claims it

Reply to
John B

Why demolish the floor? Repipes are done all the time by merely abandoning old piping. Is there no attic? Check you codes, it is probably unacceptable practice to put freshwater piping on outside of the structure. If your sister lives in a cold climate, furthermore, piping can freeze and burst. Insulation is recommended, even for cold water pipes. "Hank" wrote

Reply to
John B