ping barry martin

Barry - You replies to posts alwasy show up as new posts, out of sync with the thread. Can you correct?
Brikp wrote:

I'll reply here so it will be threaded, in case Barry's reply slips past you.
No, ne can't. I don't remember the particulars but it is a technical or software issue. He has to paste things into an original post. Hope that helps for now.
--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:24:47 -0500 "Brikp" used 4 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Looks like he's posting VIA a BBS - reminds me of the FIDONET days.
Hey Barry, spring for real Internet access!
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
I-zheet :
IM> Brikp wrote: IM> IM> > Barry - You replies to posts alwasy show up as new posts, out of IM> > sync with the thread. Can you correct? IM> IM> I'll reply here so it will be threaded, in case Barry's reply IM> slips past you. IM> IM> No, ne can't. I don't remember the particulars but it is a IM> technical or software issue. He has to paste things into an IM> original post. Hope that helps for now.
Close to correct: I don't have to do the cut-and-paste thing the above implies; I hit "R" for reply and type my responses in-line.
I receive this newsgroup via the RIME BBS Network (www.camcat.com; bbs.moondog.com). Somewhere along the line the subject line gets truncated to 25 characters. They are recieved truncated; my reader can recieve and send much longer.
Someone commented on the "RE:" a while back -- the posts are received with them; my reader does not add.
For these reasons I try to use the OP's name at the top of the message; plus it just sounds friendlier.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Mom won't say: "Let me smell that shirt -- it's good for another week"
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
GM> >Barry - You replies to posts alwasy show up as new posts, out of sync with GM> >the thread. Can you correct? GM> GM> Looks like he's posting VIA a BBS - reminds me of the FIDONET days.
Hey! Someone read the last few lines of the posts! <g>
GM> Hey Barry, spring for real Internet access!
That has disadvantages too: I've been able to telnet and get my mail when the ISP has been hacked and the 'real' way doesn't work.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Odd headline: Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
Go boldly into the `90s!