Pigeon repellant?

Page 2 of 2
On 10/10/2010 9:56 AM, WER wrote:

Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdYc86AA8M0

TDD
WER wrote:

So, how's that going to go over in your neighborhood, Bunkie?
Steve

Try a felis catus domestica.
And how does one get such onto roofus highaltitudus? I know.... with an Acme cat Launcher. Powered by Wyle E. Coyote cranking a big spring?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I was a steel erection contractor for nine years. I was called on to create pigeon barriers.
You have to understand pigeons to win in a chess game with them.
Pigeons don't sit out in the open a lot because they become prey. They will, however, tenaciously, hold to a site that provides nesting or resting or some type of protective cover. It may be time consuming and labor intensive, but blocking all access to the holes where pigeons can make nests will deter them. You don't have to go buy the expensive pigeon spikes, but can use common hardware wire and a staple gun. This will involve removing nests, nesting materials and live chicks. But when Ma and Pa come home, and the entire condo is wiped off the map and Junior and Missy are MIA, they will find another nest site.
If, after you block nesting sites, and that may only mean sites where they can stay one night, they still like to sit on your building for some reason, get a low voltage fence shocker. Get some PVC pipe, make an attractive landing perch, and spiral two wires around it so when they land, they get two wires and a good jolt. Takes about two days to clear out the stragglers.
Killing them, poisoning them, and other radical means work, but you have to stay there 24/7. Removing resting and nesting sites works the best.
It will take a while, as they have left their calling cards. Power spray the area, using a bleach spray first.
If they can't land, can't rest, and can't nest, there's nothing there they want.
Steve

I was lucky. I got to the nest while the eggs hadn't hatched yet. So I just removed the eggs and smashed them.
-- Steven L.
Got to be some way to inject poison into the eggs. Glue the drill hole shut. Put the eggs back. And the feather brains will spend the rest of their lives hatching inert eggs.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 10/10/2010 10:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

No need for poison- just shake the heck out them.
--
aem sends...

Can you put a fishing line around it? Often seen it done over outdoor eating areas to keep the ballsy gulls away.