Piezo Ignition On Gas Hot Water Heater Question

Hello:
Will be going for a new hot water heater soon. For a residence. The typical cylindrical type independent of the furnace.
Regarding those new gas fired water heaters with the Piezo ignition:
Do they work in a house power outage, such as in a storm ? We lose power often, and would sure like to have, at least, hot water.
Thanks, B.
Time for a little education. Check the link to see what piezoelectricity is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity
Then rest assured that the ignition spark does not need any external electricity. It is all self contained Charlie

furnace.
A Bosch tankless uses 2 D cells for its piezo ignition, they also have a model with a mini hydro generator that produces electricity for its ignition, I have the unit with batteries it works fine.
Robert11 wrote:

No they won't work. Further if the the heater has any type of electric ignition it may/probably will also have an induction fan. So if you lose power often, be sure you buy a lower efficiency rated heater, which has a regular pilot light and no inductor fan. The difference in heater efficiency will be largely unnoticeable and you heater will continue to work when the power goes out.