Piercing a 4 inch gas line

I recently bought a couple of acres with a leanto cabin in a wilderness setting and discovered a 4 inch gas line across the back.
I'd like to come up with a safe way to pierce the gas line and have heat for my cabin. No electricity, so need to do it manually.
Any ideas?
Homer wrote:

Sure -- a RPG and you would undoubtedly have both heat and light...
dpb wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS
Please don't feed the troll, who has already been<Plonked> by so many regulars on here.
Thank you.
4ax.com:

to tap in.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Have the Gas company do it?

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:37:03 -0500, Homer wrote:

Is this gas from a local well? If so, you'll have considerable costs with two pressure reduction regulators, a drip tank and a device to add odor to the gas. Methane gas from a well is unsuitable for use, it's damp, under a couple hundred pounds of pressure and has hydrocarbons mixed in. In the event the well owner agrees to give you gas and you purchase all the equipment and have it installed, the owner may have you sign a release stating he isn't responsible if you blow yourself up.

The answer is obvious. Take a cutting torch and cut a hole in the pipe so you can weld on a nipple to attach your line. I dont need to explain any further, because you wont get any further than that.....
The best way to get criminals off the streets without cost to taxpayers is to let them self destruct.
Is this a troll? Most pipelines are much bigger than 4" and if you just bought the land you would have been informed about a pipeline easement running across it!
To tap it you find a really good welder with a pipeline license and have him weld a "No-blow" tee onto it. You use power equipment to drive the bolt into the tee which pierces the pipeline and then supplies the gas through your pipe. The rest of the problem is finding the equipment to treat the gas and control the pressure so you can use it. But this is a troll, you won't be doing this.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:51:40 -0400, "EXT"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeweled-Troll-Doll_W0QQitemZ120129062087QQihZ002QQcategoryZ1206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Homer wrote:

to tap into that.
Homer wrote:

Unless you are trolling, trying to steal NG and some free heat? Forget it for your own safety.
saw it on this old house:)
there are self piercing gas connections available at plumbing supply places.
unearth and clean line, valve piercer bolts permanetely to line. use wrench to turn and cut hole, valve off. then connect pipes to wherever your going.
pipeline companies inspect there lines by federal law. remember get caught jail has no internet access:(
Not to mention that those cross country lines are high pressure and without proper regulating equipment, he's not going to be able to use it anyway.
--
Steve Barker