Pieces of slate

Hi...I am looking for some info on a slate quarry or other place where I can get some small pieces of slate. Do not want anything too big and color is really not of concern. Just looking for cracked ends, split pieces etc. If anyone can suggest a good place, please let me know.
Thanks

Something's missing from your message. If you can guess what it is, you can have a lollipop.
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 05:31:50 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Where do you live? Do a Web search for "slate quarries". Be warned there aren't many in the U.S.; more in the UK.
Maybe you can find what you want at a store that sells construction materials, etc. like Bourget Brothers in Santa Monica.
Good luck.
Aspasia

around here, the places that sell flagstone also sell slate.
there's no telling what's around your location.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe a roofer will have some scrap lying around?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:b5cfd4ad-6b93-431d-8d3b-9c2534ab4321@ 27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Any local landscape place that sells trees, stone, flagstone, mulch, etc. They usually have pieces as well as pallets.