Pidgeons

BB gun from your local Wal-Mart, $29.95. Works every time it connects and a lot more fun. Remember, they're only roof rats! Just consider it varmint hunting in an urban setting.

Reply to
Sarge

R > >we used to have an electric wire on the ledges at work. if it's right on R > >the peak of your roof, then something that interferes with their landing R > >would work. a coiled wire or something, perhaps. I've seen them sitting R > >right on top of the fake owl downtown. Maybe you have to move the owl R > >periodically for that to work.... R > >

R > R > R > You gotcha be hi-tech with the pidgeons these days. They are getting R > smarter. The owl needs to rotate, hop around, make owl hoots, and R > have lightup eyes. You need to connect the owl to one motor to make R > it rotate, and a solenoid to make it hop. Then connect a speaker and R > get an owl hooter tape or cd and play the sounds thru the speaker. R > Finally, put LED bulbs behind the eyes to make them glow, and be sure R > to use a random dimming circuit to control the eye brightness. R > You might also consider flapping wings, which coild be achieved using R > a pidgeon sensing device and a network of gears attached to another R > motor. I have a feeling you are not taking these pidgeons seriously R > enough. You MUST outsmart them.

Sounds like you're describing a Furby!

  • Stupid; politically correct. Big hat, no cattle
Reply to
barry martin

F.H.

Monofiliment (fish line) strung along the roof which will inhibit the ability to land. Saw this used with seagulls too, they can't get their wings adjusted right to land....kinda like cat wiskers......!

Dennis

Reply to
Rick Shaw

-> Suzie-Q wrote:

->

->

-> > There's a special product made just for that and you can

-> > find it online. Unfortunately, I can't right now.

-> >

-> > I'm going to go over to rec.birds and see if someone there

-> > remembers how to find the website.

->

->

Yep, that's it!

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Highly recommended by me, and still working GREAT after 15years.

Reply to
KLS

Marge, I think it's time to send Bart to boarding school. Military boarding school.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I disapprove of X rated Bart and Homer simpson cartoons. However, I find them hysterical.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon