Pickling of Kitchen Cabinet Finish.

When we bought our home (new) in '95, the cabinets were "pickled" and were a whiteish tint over the light oak cabinets. This is a popular finish here in the southwest. After about 7 years the "pickling" has faded. Now our cabinets are a high gloss light oak and no longer match the whiteish coloring of the bar stools, coffee tables etc. What can we do to bring back the original "dull white" finish?