Phone ringer Troubleshooting

Sorry to have disappointed you. Maybe next time?

.

And here I was expecting a post about a cool vintage find and had my fingers all limbered up to be helpful :)

(just went through the process of doing a mini-resto on a 40's vintage phone for a friend's kitchen. Yes, I was successful! Yes, I had a LOT of help from the interwebs; couldn't have done this myself 20 years ago.)

nate

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Being in NYS, I'm no longer able to buy an attorney hunting license. Now, we trap and release, using cash, and tape recordings of "Help, I'm falling and can't get up".

Could use the calendar, though. Fewer of them as promos.

.

Ya missed your chance to make a lawyer rich. That sounds like a lawsuit under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Your attorney could've gotten a new Lamborghini and you could've gotten a free year old calendar.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've seen them. I don't remember where it was, though.

I'll bet that's where it was.

I've seen that in NY (Poughkeepsie), too.

Reply to
krw

were baffled.

When I worked as a bench tech at a factory repair depot on two way radios, I had a transistor in a circuit that acted like an inductor changing the frequency of an IF circuit. The transistor checked out perfectly as a DC switch but behaved like an inductor in an RF circuit. At another job repairing industrial control boards from early 60's GE crane control systems, I found a transistor that had been installed backwards at the factory. Of course each circuit board was a flip-flop or comparator built out of discrete components in the days before IC chips. Have you ever worked on a control system that had and and nand gates built out of individual components? The MOV's on some of the circuit boards looked like AA batteries in shape and size. ?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas