PHONE LINE STATIC!

That is still considered "inside" wire.

More accurately, it is customer-owned wire on the customer side of the demarcation point/interface. It's all yours.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

I know this, but considering choice between Comcast and Verizon cable service: I assume Verizon puts in interface box, extends to TV's then as with phones makes homeowner responsible for line upkeep past box. OTOH Comcast will come into house and straighten out bad connections - at least they did this for me a couple of years ago.

Friend just made Comcast to Verizon switch but then switched back when service was unsatisfactory.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

And, that sounds like a WINNER!

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Do you mean, for "free"? I assume that ALL companies will come into the house to perform service. Whether they levy a separate charge for such service is, of course, dependent on a particular company's policy and whether or not the customer pays for "inside coverage".

Just remember that no one - NO ONE - is giving anything away for free. The consumer is paying for the service one way or another.

As with my company, regarding the upkeep of CPE (customer-provided equipment, including wire and cable), the customer pays monthly for an optional maintenance plan or they are charged a fee at the time of service.

I have no doubt that the monthly subscription is more lucrative for the company than the subscriber. However, $4.75/month (for example) is obviously more palatable for many customers than a big (often HUGE) one-time charge for a lengthy repair call.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

"you tolerated that for 5 years?

I would of taken some photos and visited them or the media.

you are way too tolerant:("

or maybe a creative use of a sawzall may have garnered faster a response.... ;-)

Reply to
Jackson

Yes for free but of course cable is not cheap. I've got 6 sets on the cable. Tech came in in corrected all my connections and took out the Radio Shack boosters which she said were not needed.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

I had intermittent phone static for a couple of years; I was second owner of this six year old house. Finally got tired of it and paid the phone company to come troubleshoot. Repairman said that he found original installation wire connections (when the house was built) that were only lightly twisted together with no wire nuts. He made all connections firm and I have not had the problem again.

Reply to
Hi Ho Silver

Due to the excellence of your post, I am hereby granting you Mrs. Clean's Very First Manly Man Award.

Congratulations, JR, you are a manly man!

Mrs. Clean

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Aw, shucks, folks. I'm speechless! (Truly a first)

Reply to
Jim Redelfs