Phone in bathroom

Page 1 of 3
Howdy,
I'm in the process of reqiring the low-voltage stuff in the house (phone, data, video). I've got a request from SWMBO to place a phone near the bathtub. Does anyone know how close I'm allowed to put it by code, or does it matter?
Thanks,
William Wilson
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (William Wilson) wrote:

bath, get her a cell phone.
(William Wilson) wrote:

why not cordless, it's much cheaper than a cellphone. get a cordless with a hands free option
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:49:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yeah, but... What about all those 60s movies coyly featuring ladies neck-deep in bubbles and chatting on a fancy phone? I feel sure those scenes must have generated a lot of desire to copy.
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com says...

bathtub!
;-)
Rick
Use a cordless phone.
(Doug Miller)

Because most presidential candidates haven't had hooters.
- Figmo
On 5 Nov 2003 11:35:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (William Wilson) wrote:

Cordless anyone?
A ringing corded phone could give someone a serious jolt, or worse.
Barry
a 12 volt jolt , dont think so
mark Ransley wrote:

Try it when you're wet. Tony

I have got shocked from a ringing phone (while installing phone lines). Maybe not hazardous, but certainly startling. Cordless phone sounds like the best solution.
On 05 Nov 2003, mark Ransley wrote:

Try a minimum of 40VAC.
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/telephone_ringer.html?o=0

I thought the ringer was 90 volts, but it could be 40 to 150 VAC according to a quick google search for "telephone ringer voltage" http://www.affordablephones.net/theringer.htm
So a wireless portable would be the best option for a bathroom.
--
David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com /

The ringing signal is usually 90 volts AC 20Hz. superimposed on about -40 volts DC. Of course, loop length and number and type of ringers can affect the measurement at any particular phone in a house.
David Efflandt wrote:

Put the bathtub in the kitchen,

Sounds kinda kinky??????
On 5 Nov 2003 11:35:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (William Wilson) wrote:

I don't know of anything wrong with it, it's just a rather silly idea. The previous owners of my house put a phone jack in *EVERY* room, including the bathrooms and we've never yet used them.
Far enough away that bathtub and phone don't meet. Phones can have enough current to kill you.
"on hook" 48 VDC "off hook" about 5 VDC "ring" 105 VAC
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus

So If enough juice is there ,( Besides a bad shock ) even though its small load wire, why couldnt anyone Steal the juice to power chargers , inverters etc . How much could you get ,,,, kwh. @ 48 V per month. Free juice ?? You already Paid