Pfister Pfaucets/water filters

I contacted Pfister a month or two ago because my one handled kitchen faucet would droop down while on and the water would shut off. They sent me another set of guts, and it worked for a while. Now, it's getting hard to work and makes a creaking sound. It also flexes a lot on the base.

I'm suspecting I got sand in there, and will take it apart tomorrow and try to flush it out. Anyone else have this problem.

Also, is there such a thing as a full house sand filter? One that would go in the main line. Now my ice maker and icewater dispenser in the door isn't working, and I suspect sand, too. Will check the filter tomorrow if I get to it.

Input appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Any sediment filter will do. You can get one at any hardware or home center and they are fairly easy to install.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes, readily available most anywhere including the big box stores, and cheap at around $20. They are all pretty standardized as well so the filters are interchangeable. One recommendation is to buy your filters at a real plumbing supply store by the case. Last time I did that, the basic sediment / sand filter (5 micron rating) was like $1.88 ea. They work very well for trapping the sand and sediment from a well that clogs faucet aerators and damages valves.

Reply to
Pete C.