PEX - new installation

Page 2 of 2

Go with the manifold. It lets you put all of your shutoffs in one place. It allows for better pressure distribution. And the big one... it minimizes the number of joints you have buried within walls, etc. where leaks might occur.
Would you not still need a manifold in the master bath? For instance: two sinks and a shower. That would require 6 runs of PEX. With a branch manifold in the bathroom you could make two runs (hot and Cold) and then branch it off to the sinks and the shower. Is this where I would put a access panel, say under the sink?
Also would the correct way to run this be to make my main feeder 3/4" and then branch off the manifold in the batroom with 1/2"? Or would it not make that much difference to just run 1/2" throughout?
Or is 1/2" standard?
Thanks Noozer wrote:

Pops wrote:

I would run 3/4" (is there a 5/8"?) all the way to the bathroom manifold, although if your shower valve is pressure compensating or temperature sensing it probably doesn't matter.
My house has 50+ year old copper, and everything is 1/2". I don't think would meet the plumbing code today. Used to be, if you were taking a shower if someone ran cold water anywhere in the house you were OK, but if they ran any hot water at all you got a sudden jolt of cold. I just put in a new shower valve that is pressure compensating and now the water stays the same temperature even if someone starts the dishwasher.
Bob

OK, back to the original questions for those of you who might be looking for the same anwser.

a valve box in the yard. There you install a 1" ball valve and reduce to the 3/4" rigid from the meter and attach 1" PEX to the other end.