PEX in California

Has anyone heard about the possiblity of allowing PEX in California for indoor supply lines? I haven't seen it out here.
Thanks, Tim
a friend has PEX (red & blue) in is VIctorville home
I have been told it has been ok'd in 200 jurisdictions in CA
cheers Bob

My understanding is that the anti-PEX forces were successful in removing its acceptance from the 2001 California Building Code, but that individual jurisdictions could still approve it locally. Not sure on the status of the 2004 California Building Code--it is still under review and hasn't gone into effect yet.
Cheers, Wayne
Wayne Whitney wrote:

Here is a link to a letter from WIrsbo about the court case...........of course, the letter is from WIrsbo & they have a vested interest PEX
http://www.wirsbo.com/pdf/CA_Response_2004_11_24.pdf
The house in Victorville that I mentioned was built in 2004 or 2005 & used PEX for all the fresh water plumbing
cheers Bob
I've seen PEX in new construction in California.