PEX in California

Has anyone heard about the possiblity of allowing PEX in California for indoor supply lines? I haven't seen it out here.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
rminv

a friend has PEX (red & blue) in is VIctorville home

I have been told it has been ok'd in 200 jurisdictions in CA

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

My understanding is that the anti-PEX forces were successful in removing its acceptance from the 2001 California Building Code, but that individual jurisdictions could still approve it locally. Not sure on the status of the 2004 California Building Code--it is still under review and hasn't gone into effect yet.

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

Here is a link to a letter from WIrsbo about the court case...........of course, the letter is from WIrsbo & they have a vested interest PEX

The house in Victorville that I mentioned was built in 2004 or 2005 & used PEX for all the fresh water plumbing

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I've seen PEX in new construction in California.

Reply to
R & S