pex ice maker tubing

We have an ice maker that is connected with plastic tubing. It has started leaking so we need to replace it. I have read that pex tubing is the best type to use with ice makers. I have looked at my local Home Depot and I have not seen any pex ice maker tubing.
I searched online and I found this:
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/qest-100-feet-of-pex-tubing-14-od-p-31719.html?refB
Is this what I need? Would it work with the fittings I already have? I only need about 15 feet. Is there anywhere I can get a shorter roll at a lower price? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I am TERRIBLY cruel to my cat. I actually cut of the ends of
his toes. It\'s just the hard, dead part that grows back but

Very Very expensive idea you have. But once you buy the tools, you can use them for years.
I used copper and pvc and a compression fitting hose from Walmart and love it.

If you want to use pex, I'd contact a local supply house...they may sell to you...but then again they may not they may only sell to contractors. Personally I only use soft copper...I love pex and have the tools tools to connect. I'd stay FAR away from the PVC pipe with saddle type connectors...I've had too many bad (read leaky) experiences. Best of luck!

<snip>
Why are you so concerned about the tubing? Your problem is the connection, isn't it? You can redo the connection (correctly) with readily available fittings at Ace hardware and others and the leak will be history. Much less work. Much less money. Much more reliable (done right...ask the experts). HTH
Joe
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 04:57:49 -0700, Daniel Prince

Where is it leaking? Might just need to be tightened?
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com