PEX Crimping

I would like to install an additional outdoor faucet and I have a new home that has PEX piping. I am just an average DIYer and I have heard that the crimping of PEX is a little tricky. True?

Also, will cutting PEX with a hacksaw be OK or do you have to use the PEX cutting tool?

Thanks Art

Reply to
AR

A little reading. The link below helped me git-r-done. Don't crimp until you have the connectors in place and are happy. Let the crimping tool do the work...it's not forced. Use the gauge (go - no-go tool) to check the crimps.

Any cutter like those used to cut irrigation PVC and tubing.

Oren

oren

To install one connection, it is just not worth buying the tools to make the connection. Look for Qest or Wirsbro fittings to make your single connection. Here is some info:

If you are going to buy the tool anyway, look into getting the Zurn / Oetiker type stainless steel crimp ring model, rather than the "bolt cutter" version that requires a different tool for each size and can be difficult to fit into small spaces. here is some info:

DanG

I've always used a copper pipe cutter for pex. Works great, and very easy. Crimping tool is no big deal, either; just line up the jaws on the ring & close it up. Only hard part was getting it into tight spaces.

AR wrote:

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall