PEX compability

I just bought a Vanguard Manabloc. In the owner's manual it states that the warranty only applies if Vanguard PEX is used.

Is this a ploy to scare users into buying their brand of PEX or is there a compatibility issued between various manufacturers of PEX?

Reply to
Franz Fripplfrappl

It's just what it says Mix deferent brands it voids the warranty. So the answer is yes. Copper doesn't say that.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

There is no compatibility issue. When the company lawyers write the warranty they keep the compay interests in mind. They have to give some kind of warranty but keep the company interests in mind naturally. Is there any reason why you don't want to buy their pipe? Is it significantly more in cost than other Pex? If so then buy the other product.

That warranty is not worth much. My bet is that it only covers the actual cost of the materials and will not cover damage to your home as a result of product failure. My opinion: buy your Pex wherever you like since that warranty is worthless anyway.

Reply to
Lawrence

If compatibility isn't an issue I'm surprised smart lawyers would essential require that you use their tubing. It's established case law that manufacturers can't don't that without valid reason. For example, printer manufacturers can't force you to use their ink or toner.

Reply to
John Gilmer

PEX = More useless crap. Either use REAL plumbing or just use a garden hose to supply your water. I still recall when they made pipes out of metal. Of course if you have good homeowners insurance and want to collect some flood insurance money, be sure to use PEX, then wait till it bursts in a few years.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick