Pest Control Treatments

Someone posted a web site here where various pest control treatments were listed and explained. I believe it was a state university run web site. If someone remembers this, would you please post it again.

Next year my five year contract will be up with pest control company (they treated for termites) and they want to use a different treatment with a 10-year warranty. I would like to research it before deciding. Thanks.

Reply to
Dorot29701

In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says... :) Someone posted a web site here where various pest control treatments :) were listed and explained. I believe it was a state university run web :) site. If someone remembers this, would you please post it again. :) :) Next year my five year contract will be up with pest control company :) (they treated for termites) and they want to use a different treatment :) with a 10-year warranty. I would like to research it before deciding. :) Thanks. :) :) Just curious to what the price difference is between the multi year "warranty" and year to year renewals.

Reply to
Lar

I first had my house treated 10 years ago. I am in FL....anyway, I paid about $600 and then $75 a year inspection fee. If they (or I) had found termites during this period they would have retreated for free. At the end of five years, same thing -- same price, and same monthly fee. Next time, they told me when I had my last inspection, the five year period will be up and they plan to use some else (Termidor or something) and it has a 10 year guarantee. I am trying to find out more about it before deciding what to do.

Reply to
Dorot29701

In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says... :) I first had my house treated 10 years ago. I am in FL....anyway, I :) paid about $600 and then $75 a year inspection fee. If they (or I) had :) found termites during this period they would have retreated for free. :) At the end of five years, same thing -- same price, and same monthly :) fee. Next time, they told me when I had my last inspection, the five :) year period will be up and they plan to use some else (Termidor or :) something) and it has a 10 year guarantee. I am trying to find out :) more about it before deciding what to do. If you talk to 10 different companies you may get 10 different answers on how they warrant. The company that puts out Termidor was the first to warrant the product to us applicators for 5 years and many companies transferred that to their sales tactics and this past year Termidor changed their guarantee to the industry for 10 years and your company is following that lead again. The question would be why treat after five years if it isn't necessary. Do you happen to know what they used for the previous two treatments? Since you do not have a repair guarantee with the work, I would be inclined to give the company the option to continue your yearly inspection for the fee without another initial charge or they can move on without your business. If you open your phone book to the pest control section I would bet any name you see there will come give you a termite inspection at no charge at the asking and if at some point down the road termites are found you can address them then....just to have another set of eyes looking around, it may not be a bad idea anyway to have another company come in for an inspection before your warranty does run out...I often come across termite activity on homes that have been under contract for years.

Reply to
Lar