Pest control: how clean up tracking powder

A few years ago, the pest control company we use for our house decided to use "tracking powder". (They did that one visit only.)
Anyone have an idea how I can safely remove it? It'd be nice to just use a vacuum, but I'm worried that would spread the powder.
On 07/16/2013 11:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote:

If your vacuum has a HEPA filter, it'll probably pick it up without spreading it around.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:19:24 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@jqpx37.cotse.net wrote :

use "tracking powder". (They did that one visit only.) Anyone have an idea how I can safely remove it? It'd be nice to just use a vacuum, but I'm wor ried that would spread the powder.
I would try wet-mopping it with a disposable mop head, or just some rags on a stick.
Contrary to what most of these replies stated, tracking powered can indeed be harmful. At least one type (ZP tracking powder) contains phosphine whic h is released as phosphine gas when it hits water or acid (in a stomach or mouth). It is not intended to track where rodents go, but for them to trac k through it and then ingest it during grooming.