Perpetual motion - free energy

Page 2 of 2
HeyBub wrote:

I think Homer said it best: "And this perpetual motion machine she [Lisa] made today is a joke! It just keeps going faster and faster." Homer Simpson
Bob
HeyBub wrote:

I have a lawn mower motor that runs on air to sell you.

No fair. MDI has the patent on that. Just check out the hype about the 'air car'.
Harry K

All of the known rules of physics say that this is impossible but all of the "known" rules of physics have been wrong before so who is to say. In theory if you could find a material that would block magnetic forces, you could in fact create a machine that power itself without any outside source of power. The problem is in finding a material that can block magnetic fields and to my knowledge no such material exists. So if you have an extra $50 that you just want throw down the slot machine, it is probably as good a bet as anything. Personally, I don't think I have the money to gamble on odds that bad.
BobR wrote:

Energy cannot just be created from nothing. Such tricks only work in the mind of Escher.

Naaahhh.

Generator.
All of the known rules of physics say that this is impossible but all of the "known" rules of physics have been wrong before so who is to say. In theory if you could find a material that would block magnetic forces, you could in fact create a machine that power itself without any outside source of power. The problem is in finding a material that can block magnetic fields and to my knowledge no such material exists.
It was invented in the 50's. It's called Flubber. But nobody took it seriously.
Ulysses wrote:

I thought that blocked gravity. Seems like that would work a lot better than something that blocks magnetism.
What should I sell my plans for?
On 8/12/2009 3:49 PM Bob F spake thus:

You're thinking of upsidasium.

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I always thought perpetual motion came in the form of toddlers.
TDD
On 8/13/2009 10:35 AM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

I think that's why some folks refer to them as "tricycle motors".

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Yea, the only problem is that they run wide open then suddenly conk out for hours at a time.
TDD

The machine actually works _IF_ you can get that last magnet positioned juuusssttt right. You need to hold your tongue in just the right position. That noone has managed to do that yet...
Harry K