Perpetual motion - free energy

Page 1 of 2
Amazing what one can find on the web:
"A Zero point magnetic power generator is basically a Free Energy Generator. It uses magnets, and magnetic force to induce perpetual motion. It runs by itself, indefinitely without stopping, thus creating completely free electrical energy, which can fully power your home for free. A Perpetual motion device refers to a machine that runs perpetually i.e. indefinitely, and produces a larger amount of energy than it consumes. Thus, it produces free energy indefinitely, runs by itself, without having to need a third-party device or resource to power it."
The plans are only $49.00, but if you order today....
http://www.magniwork.com/default.php?hop=jackiegb

Generator.
I already live on a perpetual motion machine.
Ulysses wrote: ...

Eh???

Well, it'll probably still be moving when the sun explodes, so I guess that's close to perpetual motion.
Larry The Snake Guy wrote:

Actually it's no "closer" than any other process--it follows same thermodynamic laws--it's just that the losses are relatively small with respect to the total mass. It (assuming the reference is to the earth I presume) _is_ slowing measurably albeit granted it's on a relatively long time frame.

Well, maybe it's not pure perpetual motion, but it'll probably keep going longer than anyone will be around to see it finally stop. In any case, without visiting the link, I'm pretty sure it's closer than what they have.
Ulysses wrote:

Whether anybody will be around is totally immaterial; the point is it really _isn't_ any "closer"; it's just a different system but 2nd law is 2nd law, no matter where (at least as far as we know, anyway).
And, yes, the lure of perpetual motion and the simply naive as well as the charlatans have being touting solutions based on faulty premises using permanent magnets since about forever--that phenomenon may be the most perpetual of all.
HeyBub wrote:

I'll be needing a lot of energy for a very long time, so I purchased two copies of the plans.
--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I\'m filtering all Google Groups posters.
Tony Sivori wrote:

LOL! That's about how stupid someone would have to be.

2 copies? Wow! I heard that if they are installed close to each other the efficiency increases greatly until you don't even need the machine, just the space they were in.
Harry K
HeyBub wrote:

"Who is John Galt?"
To my dismay, more and more of the things Ayn Rand prophesied back in 1957 in her novel "Atlas Shrugged" are happening right now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Actually, if you check over on ba.transportation, he regularly posts there (as "John David Galt"), much to the amusement of many regulars, myself included.

Try reading John Brunner's "Stand on Zanzibar"
-Zz

The only thing that works on it is the transfer of money from fools to magniwork.com.

If everyone were to go this Route, the local electric utilities would go out of business, and I dont want to see more people loose thier jobs . Paying for electricity is a good thing just like paying our taxes are. Instead of looking for ways to get free this and that , we should be looking at ways of increasing our income level to meet demands. That way everybody is helping one another out. If your electric rates go up substantially, then simply ask your Employer if you can work a couple hours more per week for added pay. How come this philosophy is never discussed then ?
HeyBub wrote:

Hmmm, Whoever trying to gouge 49.00, does not even understand the very basic law of energy conservation? Good thing he did not claim he can turn lead into gold, LOL!

Well, I didn't even look at the link because:
Why would you be conning 49 out of people if you had such a device? Why hasn't the gvmt seized this device/plans in the interest of national security? Why would they sell it for 49 when an energy compay would pay 5B for it so they could squash it to protect their revenue?
Kinda like washed-up Tom Bosley pitching how you can make 25/50k a month selling dust collectors for shelves but he gets a crummy few hundred for doing the commercial.
Red Green wrote:

Had you read the information at the link, you would not be asking such a silly question!
The inventor claims a wide-spread conspiracy involving the energy business and government regulators to suppress the ideas he has discovered. While he does not go so far as to predict his own disappearance, he does suggest you embrace his ideas before he and everything involved is erased.
HeyBub wrote:

No one will miss him.

Guilty!!!!