WHY THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT JAY
I AM PROTEUS
Add pictures here
✖
Proteus IIV wrote:

Keyboards fixed: $12.00 (plus shipping)
Add pictures here
✖

Prot is a regular troll on alt.electrical.engineering, always typing notes in upper case, with lower usefulness..
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 17, 10:52 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

== And he is slightly insane. ==
Add pictures here
✖
Roy wrote:

Oh. Okay.
Keyboards fixed: $15 (plus shipping)
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It's not that hard to recognize a troll, the only question remaining is why so many continue to feed them.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:57:31 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

Dunno, why are you? Hint: "PROTEUS IIV"'s real name is "Roy". He's an electrician in NYC.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 17, 12:52 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

YOU ALWAYS HAVE A TON OF NEW FANTASIES AND ILLUSION
I AM NOT A TROLL
KEEP YOUR FILTHY DEVIOUS MULTINYM FINGERS OFF MY PROBE AND STORAGE UNITS FREAKAZOID
I AM PROTUES
Add pictures here
✖
I hope anyone who rats out a neighbor unnecessarily gets everything they richly deserve!
Its one thing if the no permit work is a obvious hazard, but far different if its not a hazard or other major problem........
Add pictures here
✖
<stuff snipped>
<I agree. When my neighbor fenced his yard, I was vaguely aware that there were some rules about sight lines from driveways but I didn't pursue it. His non-conforming fence basically runs all along my driveway to the sidewalk. By code, it should have stopped 15 feet short of the sidewalk. And now I see why: as I'm backing up out of the driveway, I'm scared to death one of his kids will shoot out from behind that fence on a tricycle or something. In retrospect there was a darn good reason for the rule and I wish I'd spoken up earlier. -- H>
As a guy whom the very hand of God stopped me from backing over a little girl on a pink a tricycle under very similar circumstances, I would consider sending in an anonymous letter. Your issue is clearly a case of public safety because as you've said, you've got to be able to see to be sure. In my case - something - I can't say what, made me suddenly brake only to see the image of a little girl appearing from behind my car. She was never visible to me until that moment. Since then I've cut down all the shrubs in the front right of way and try to back in the driveway whenever possible so I don't have to back into the street butt first.
It's a very weird feeling to know you've just gotten a pass on what could have been the worst thing in quite a few people's lives. Drop the dime. You've got a much better reason than the the OP to see a change made. There isn't a time I back down the driveway without seeing her in my mind and thinking about how my life would have changed had I not decided to suddenly stop.
Cyclists under age 16 accounted for 24% of all cyclists killed in 2002. (Insurance Institute for Highway Saftey)
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 05:23:53 -0700 (PDT), woger151
Walk across the street and ask the guy. No biggy.
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/16/2010 6:15 PM, Oren wrote:

Why not just butt out? What business is it of the OP?
Jay
Add pictures here
✖

I figure that if the project doesn't affect the "complainer",and the guy doing the project hasn't done something negative to the "complainer" in the past,then the "complainer" should MYOB.
Instead of trying to be a busybody or "junior lawman".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

No he learns from the one person, that talks to him directly.
Sometimes in a situation, one needs to explain things in simple terms.
What I mean? Talk to the neighbor!

Add pictures here
✖

If you do rat on him, there is absolutely nothing to be gained doing it before job completion. At that time, he may have the options of: paying for the permit plus a vig if the work meets specs, applying for a variance, or having to remove it all.
All ratting is a matter of balance, and you must ahead of time weigh the benefits and downsides to see if it is even worth stirring the brew. I had a zoning inspector come out once because a rat turned me in for having a little travel trailer parked next to my house. Technically, it was illegally parked, but he did mention that I did have the right to move it to the FRONT of the house and put it on the horseshoe driveway, and it would comply. I did that. He mentioned that one of my Tough Sheds was not set back far enough. I mentioned that I could show him at least a dozen that were within a block that were also not in compliance, and that if he were to cite me, that I would certainly appear at a county commissioners meeting and wail discrimination that I was cited, and the other dozen not. That issue died.
If it is not an atrocious looking thing your neighbor is doing, I'd just back off, lest you have an inspector out there, and you would have to move your shed, too.
Your property value is based on YOUR property, and the neighborhood, and unless all of your neighborhood is DIY Joe McGee's, one shouldn't affect your valuation that much.
Steve
Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com book coming soon!
All errors, brain farts, misspelled words intentional because this computer is set to Spelchek French, and I can't get it to do any different.
Add pictures here
✖

And how do you know this?

So you did something w/o a permit, but that's OK. Why don't you mind your own business!
Add pictures here
✖