Pergola support question

Ok my question about a clear beam span has been answered, thank you all. Now for the support. Can I use 3 "laminated" 2x6s for support instead of trying to manhandle a 6x6x10'. Will it provide enough support for my 2x8x12' beam ends? JD
Ability to support depends on things in additon to size of column. Don't forget 3 two bys are 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 4.5. TB