Pergo over parquet floor

I am moving into a condo which currently has parquet flooring. I plan to install Pergo laminate floor because I don't like the parquet floor and it is very old. Do I need to remove the parquet floor or can I just install Pergo over parquet? If the parquet floor needs to to removed, what tools do I need? How difficult is it?
Thanks!
Steve
http://www.azfred.com/ Give this link a try.
Tom.