Perforated Corrugated Drainage Pipe

Lowe's sells these pipes in 10' and 100' lengths. I need 14' to attach to a downspout.

The Internet advertises expandable pipes, e.g., 3' can expand to 12' and a

6' product can expand to 25'. How do these work? The extensions are obviously inside the collapsed pipe, but I can't see how they would maintain the same diameter/circumference. They must be narrower. Pls. educate me. Thanks. - - Jack
Reply to
Anonymous

Have used some of this type. Think Slinky spring Toy with flexible covering on it that folds down into between spring coils. When expanded the covering stretches out but coil stays the same diameter. WW

Reply to
WW

Lowes has shorter versions of these to attach to downspouts. Go play with one. My primary concern is that it's much thinner. It will crush easier.

If you are using perforated then just get 2 ten foot pieces and a connector.

One of the main reasons to desire continuous is with solid pipe to avoid root intrusion. With perforated it doesn't matter that you have connectors.

Reply to
jamesgangnc