Pennies in the Fuse Box

Bah Humbig. Get fusebox replaced with breakers.

Reply to
scott21230

Here is what is on one fuse

I need to make myself a map, I think I can distribute the load better

1 a/c (110) 2 large crt monitors 2 lamps @ 60 watt one large console tv one stereo that pushes 300 watts of sound a vcr a toner copier (sometimes) chordless phone one 500 watt power supply for the computer

i think that's it.

however, when i put a new ac in the back bedroom... I took a chance with the nearest plug...(not wanting to run an extension chord to make use of it see)

I didn't think 20 amps would hold 2 ac's, but I wasn't sure if that socket was on the same fuse.. just trial and error... but it was the same fuse..

I got my old setup above resolved with a 45 amp fuse... but Im not fearful..

  1. 20 amps carried these things for some time with no problem
  2. I am still under 20 amps (even though the fuse is 45amps)

I still got room to grow on that fuse.. just plug stuff in till it busts then you know it's capacity

but that's just my logic, I could be wrong

but for the new ac... I just ran a 100' med duty extension chord. to the next socket 15 feet away

OH HECK NO! the chord got hot inside of 5 mins... suuuuu-mo-kin I knew that would happen, but wanted to tax the fuse box before I went to lowes.

short story...

I cut 85' off of the med duty extension chord, works fine with no heat

Reply to
yeeha

pfft! There's a big difference between a jerri-rigged eyesore and a jerri-rigged fire hazard.

Reply to
LJ

fuse boxes arent code approived anymore because too many just upsized fuses or worse used a penny..........

laws are made for good reasons

Reply to
hallerb

ive been keeping a check on the fuse panel the main breaker is warm, but noways near close enough to start a fire

well, we should stay away from each other, we could be dangerous

with you putting your finger in a live socket and me putting spare change in the fuse panel somebody could get hurt

Reply to
yeeha

Kenny?

Is that really you?

I recall when you cut the end off the extension cord and connected it to the TV antenna terminals after you saw that whole house wiring antenna advertised ov TV.

I see you haven't changed a bit.

How you been getting along?

Reply to
Colbyt

the hazard isnt the main breaker box, its the line leading to the outlet, which might cause a fire at any time.

hpomeowners insurance wouldnt pay for rebuilding after seeing your internet posts and penny in the box.....

Reply to
hallerb

it's alright i got marshmellows

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: