Pennies in the Fuse Box

Page 2 of 2
75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Of course you are just jerking around about the penny (I hope, or you have "issues"). But my grandfather used to do this in boxes with glass fuses and cloth covered wire. We were lil tykes but me and bro recall laughing our asses off when he took a jolt and flew back a bit.
Poor gramps. Just tryin to spend a penny to save a nickel.
Al Bundy wrote:

yes of course I am
<looking around casually>
IM NOT JERKING WAS I SUPPOSED TO GET SHOCKED?
OMG!
ONLY ON USENET!
top quality entertainment

nothing like a few wraps to straighten a fella out
since were on this fuse thing...
many years ago I was at battleship cove with my brother and some friends, including my old electronics instructor:(
anyhow wqe all walked in this compartment and I noticed a old fuse box with its fuse door removed...
fuse out I figured it MUST be safe, they wouldnt leave such a hazard exposed, so I did what I always wanted to do and touched the base contact:(
Dumb move it was LIVE:( 440 Volts!
I flew out the door bacxkwards, my friends howled in laughter!
About this time the maintence guy walked in and asked whats up:)
He had removed the fuse to do some work in another compartment:( Fuse door cover permanetely missing:(
He said be careful doint touch stuff you can get killed on this ship!
To this day those who were there talk about my poor move:(
fuse boxes arent code approived anymore because too many just upsized fuses or worse used a penny..........
laws are made for good reasons
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

ive been keeping a check on the fuse panel the main breaker is warm, but noways near close enough to start a fire
well, we should stay away from each other, we could be dangerous
with you putting your finger in a live socket and me putting spare change in the fuse panel somebody could get hurt

the hazard isnt the main breaker box, its the line leading to the outlet, which might cause a fire at any time.
hpomeowners insurance wouldnt pay for rebuilding after seeing your internet posts and penny in the box.....
it's alright i got marshmellows
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

don't be silly
Kenny?
Is that really you?
I recall when you cut the end off the extension cord and connected it to the TV antenna terminals after you saw that whole house wiring antenna advertised ov TV.
I see you haven't changed a bit.
How you been getting along?
--
Colbyt