Pencil sharpener bit

... for a Makita drill.
http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/gal-1300rpmsharpener.jpg?wP0&h75
Well, why not?

Hmmmm, cant tell you how many times I needed to sharpen my pencil in the middle of something.
A drill with a built in pencil sharpener (but outside the main chuck), manual or electric would be very helpful, I'd bet a lot of folks would find it a very useful idea to sharpen a pencil in a hole in the back of the drill.
This one looks like it will kill the pencil though, but might be useful for tapering 1/4 inch dowel ends.
windcrest wrote:

Why not? They make drills with built-in levels.

With a variable-speed drill and a light touch, it might work.

I'd like one with a built in can opener.
And maybe a malted milk mixing attachment.

mm wrote:

Heck, they put sex toys on them. The one that cracked me up was the modified sawsall.
TDD

Sharpen pencil with a drill? The only pencil I would be using around a drill would be a carpenter's pencil.
Harry K
harry k wrote:

And for that, a carpenter's knife will make the point.
Jon

I only sharpen them to a 'chisel' point. I can see no reason to have a pencil sharpener on a drill.
Harry K
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:25:47 -0700, harry k wrote:

Damn cheesy 70's pop...
Jules wrote:

It's not Monday, so maybe it's raining where you are.
Jon

I can never get those pointy enough for dovetail work or cabinet work, ok for framing though.

1300rpmsharpener...
Yes, you never know when you're working, turn around and a vampire is right there. Now, if you put it in a reciprocating saw you could take on a whole gang of them.
Red Green wrote:

Here's a tip that can SAVE YOUR LIFE!
This business about a wooden stake is pure Hollywood bullshit!
If you read Bram Stoker's book, you'll find that you dispatch a vampire with a BOWIE KNIFE, not some pissant tentpeg!
We have a lot of Bowie knives here in Texas and hardly any vampire problem at all.

http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/gal-1300rpmsharpener.jpg?wP0&h75
Can't believe noone's posted this yet.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pQ090&cat=1,42936

Joe wrote:

Stuck on the end of an interchangeable-bit screwdriver, that might actually be useful and usable. In a drill, that would take a real steady hand and a fine touch, to avoid just snapping the pencil.
For one pencil, I'd be inclined to just use it hand-held.
I wonder how many they have sold? Dollar store has serviceable hand pencil sharpeners a whole lot cheaper. It would be a good gag gift for a tool geek, I guess.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

That thing would slip right into my 20 year old Milwaukee battery powered screw driver.
TDD

That's the point, retard
Nomen Niesco wrote:

Why would you put a point on a retard? FLNF
TDD