Pellet stove air intake

Page 1 of 2
They recommend pulling air from outside for combustion instead of room air. Doesn't it take more energy to heat zero air than 70 degree air? The dryer doesn't make a vacuum in the house why should the pellet stove?

It isn't about energy. It is about oxygen.

dryer certainly does make a vacuum in the house. where do you think all that air going out the vent is coming from?
mike_0 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Why, do your ears pop when you turn on the dryer?

time he runs the dryer, he passes out.
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:30:16 -0700 (PDT), mike_0 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

You really shouldn't post when you haven't the slightest clue what you babbling about.
AZ Nomad wrote:

Years ago I lived in a house that when the bathroom vent was on, it pulled air from the fireplace down the chimney. I wondered where on earth the smell of burnt wood was coming from.
TDD
AZ Nomad wrote:

Why isn't there a cold air intake pipe connection on my dryer?

Does your dryer burn wood pellets?

Who can afford wood pellets or corn now at these prices? I thought these pellet stoves had gone away by now?
Rich wrote:

oil and cleaner than wood.
AZ Nomad wrote:

No but my septic tank does.
AZ Nomad wrote:

It wouldn't be for burning, it would be to prevent you from sucking your windows out when you turn on the dryer and the exhaust removes all the air from your house.

Yeah, I hate when that happens. I have really strong windows and the vacuum popped my eyeballs right out hanging by the optic nerves. I had to pick up my eyeballs to look at anything.

But it does take heated air from the house and blow it outside after heating it even more.

Irrelevent.
The issue is combustion, not air temperatures.
wrote in message

The issue is replacing the air lost in the house, be it a dryer vent or up a chimney. An equal amount of air must be brought in and heated.

You're either joking or genuinely insane.

Insane, at least my friends and family tell me that.
During heating season, when the dryer runs it blows out the heated air and it is replaced with outside air that must be heated too. What is insane about that statement?
When a heating appliance burning fuel uses inside air for combustion, it will vent to the outside and that air is draw into the house also. What is insane about that? Some of those appliances also have air leaks in the burner path that allows heated air to flow through even when not in use, thus wasting energy, thus the preference for outside air for combustion.
Fuel burning heating appliances (as opposed to electric) are happy with any air that has enough oxygen to support combustion, no matter the source.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have bought replacement air from Walmart, it comes in large boxes that can be difficult to store.
TDD