Pellet stove

Page 10 of 10

We moved to southwest Missouri from Michigan in February 2005. We purchased a St Croix brand pellet stove at that time. We were able to heat our home (about 1600 sq ft, open architecture) with on 40# bag a day. A forty pound bag of hardwood pellets costs about $3.00. This winter we are going to buy in bulk. The best price we have seen so far is $134 a ton at Lowe's. That breaks down to $2.68 a bag. We have been told that two ton should do it for the winter. The pellet stove does have a thermostat and we try to keep it about 75 , but the house is usually about 80.
I hope this was helpful.
Amy
-