Pella windows not warrrented w/EIFS

-------------------------------------
I have new construction and have a concern with PELLA windows. In the fine print it says"PELLA products "should not" (in bold letters) be used in a barrier systems, which do not allow for proper management of moisture within the wall systems, such as Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS) (also known as synethic stucco) or simular systems. So if any EIF is used they are out of being responsible as far as I read -if there is any leakage or other problems. Any comments problems encountered. I shy away from these windows now since I am looking t Stucco real and EIF with an inch of sheathing. Lisa
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 357471 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On Jun 5, 12:17pm, lisa6801_at_live_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (lisa6801) wrote:

The operative phrase is "which do not allow for proper management of moisture within the wall systems". There are different ways to accomplish this with EIFs. Contact some EIFs manufacturer's and ask them how they deal with the issue. If they say a barrier EIF system is fine if installed properly, find another manufacturer.
http://jen.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/23/2/159http://jen.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/23/2/159
On Jun 5, 11:17am, lisa6801_at_live_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (lisa6801) wrote:

Its not leakage, its rot im guessing. Pellas condense in winter before my Andersons, use the Condensing factor rating CDF. My Pellas suck, they condense and drip when the Anderson dont. I bet this statement is from tight houses leaving Pella to replace windows from rot. Ratings are there to compare brands