pella window blinds inside glass

Single mom here with a 15 year old home that has double Pella windows that crank. The blinds are inside the glass. You turn a knob to open and close the blinds. I've never had a problem with them before but now, on one of my bedroom windows, I turn the knob and nothing happens. The blinds are stuck in a semi-closed position which, unfortunately, allows the sun to shine directly in my eyes when the sun comes up. Does anyone know of a way to repair this myself? I took off the screen, then the glass to get to the shade but I just can't seem to figure out how it works. I can push down on the blinds and they close but when I let go, they pop open again. HELP!

Sounds like something broke in the shade operator (??). Check the pella site or call.
http://www.pella.com/products/unique/detail.asp?path=/products/unique/blinds
-- Oren
Thanks. I've looked at the site and mine must be very old because they don't look like the ones in the photos. Instead of a "slide" operator on the side of the window, I have a round knob located at the bottom of the window that you twist to open or close the mini blinds that are between glass. Once I removed the screen and the glass from the inside, I was able to manupulate the blinds with my hand but couldn't get them to stay in one place without popping back to the semi-closed position. I was also able to see that the "operator" was a small box like device with a small wheel on the outside that turns freely with my finger but doesn't affect the blinds at all like it should. The box is held in place with one long screw. I removed the screw and looked at the box but still couldn't see a way to get inside to repair it. : ( Guess I'll have to call them to see if they even make the part anymore.
Oren wrote:

Take a picture and send to Pella. Or better yet, post a link here for folks to see. You might get some local help, also.
By what you say the operator broke or if a palstic wheel (gear???) a tooth broke on the "wheel"?

-- Oren