pella window blinds inside glass

Single mom here with a 15 year old home that has double Pella windows that crank. The blinds are inside the glass. You turn a knob to open and close the blinds. I've never had a problem with them before but now, on one of my bedroom windows, I turn the knob and nothing happens. The blinds are stuck in a semi-closed position which, unfortunately, allows the sun to shine directly in my eyes when the sun comes up. Does anyone know of a way to repair this myself? I took off the screen, then the glass to get to the shade but I just can't seem to figure out how it works. I can push down on the blinds and they close but when I let go, they pop open again. HELP!

Reply to
momofone

Sounds like something broke in the shade operator (??). Check the pella site or call.

-- Oren

Oren

Reply to
momofone

Take a picture and send to Pella. Or better yet, post a link here for folks to see. You might get some local help, also.

By what you say the operator broke or if a palstic wheel (gear???) a tooth broke on the "wheel"?

Oren

I just saw this post and was wondering how you removed the knob at the bottom of the inside pane - we have the same pella setup and cannot get the knob off to then remove the inside pane to clean windows and adjust blinds - any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Reply to
kathy